INTERFAITH EARTH MONTH (APRIL)
With spring seemingly arriving earlier and earlier each year, an Earth Day alone doesn’t seem enough. This thinking was behind the establishing of April 2005 as the first “Interfaith Earth Month.” The Wisconsin Interfaith Power & Light (WIPL) formerly known as Wisconsin Interfaith Climate & Energy Campaign (WICEC) along with the Islamic Environmental Group of WI and others have combined forces to celebrate the month with various events.
Previous Poster Winners
Celebrating the 8th Annual
Wisconsin Interfaith Earth Month (April 2012)
Wisconsin Interfaith Earth Month Poster Contest
All Wisconsin Kindergarten-Grade 12 students are encouraged to participate in the Interfaith Earth Month poster contest. Students are invited to create a poster that can represent Wisconsin Interfaith Earth Month. Participants should create a poster with an interfaith environmental message for the general public. It must deal with TREE PLANTING from an interfaith or multi-faith perspective.
• All entries must be original works without aid from others.
• Posters must be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches in size.
• Any weight of paper is permitted.
• Entries on foam board will not be accepted.
• Entries must be drawn using crayons, paint, colored pencils or markers. Computer graphics may be used.
• Only one entry per student will be accepted.
• All entries must have the following information included on the back of the poster or in an attached document: Student’s full name, grade, age, name of school, school address, teacher’s name, school telephone number and teacher’s email address (optional but appreciated).
• Entries lacking complete and legible information will be disqualified.
• Posters must be RECEIVED by Wisconsin Interfaith Power & Energy (WIPL) / Islamic Environmental Group of Wisconsin (IEG) BEFORE MONDAY APRIL 30, 2012. Send posters to P.O. Box 1021, West Bend, WI 53095-1021 or scan them and e-mail them as PDF to email@example.com with the subject: WI Interfaith Earth Month Poster Contest.
• WIPL/IEG are not responsible for lost, damaged, or delayed postal shipments.
• All posters become the property of WIPL/IEG and cannot be returned.
• Only first-, second-place, and honorable mention winners will be notified personally. The WIPL web site will announce the winners.
• Acceptance of prizes constitutes consent to use winners’ names and entries for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes.
Participant entries will be evaluated on how well the message in the poster promotes interfaith environmental values.
Four criteria will be used to determine the top entry for each age group:
1.Artistic Merit (use of color, poster design and layout)
2.Poster Message (interfaith environmental issues)
3.Originality (unique, clever and/or creative design)
4.Neatness (free of spelling and grammatical errors and/or stray marks)
First and second place winners in each of the following grade categories will receive valuable prizes:
K - 2nd; 3rd - 5th; 6th - 8th; 9th - 12th
For any questions or more information, please contact Huda Alkaff, Coordinator of the 8th Annual Wisconsin Interfaith Earth Month at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Peter Bakken, State Coordinator
Wisconsin Interfaith Power and Light
750 Windsor Street - Suite # 301
Sun Prairie, WI 53590-2149
PH: (608) 837- 3108
(c/o Wisconsin Council of Churches)
(c) 2010 WIPL. All rights reserved.
Back to What We Do